What is PHP ?
PHP is one of the most widely used server side scripting language for web development.
- PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
- PHP is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive web pages.
- PHP scripts are executed on the server.
- PHP supports many databases (MySQL, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, Solid, PostgreSQL, Generic ODBC, etc.)
- PHP is an open source software.
- PHP is free to download and use.
- PHP is an Interpreted language, hence it doesn't need a compiler.
- PHP is fast as compared to other scripting languages like JSP and ASP.M
- PHP is cross platform, hence you can easily develop and move/deploy your PHP code/project to almost all the major operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac OSX etc.
1) PHP files can contain text, HTML tags and scripts.
2) PHP files are returned to the browser as plain HTML.
3) PHP files have a file extension of ".php", ".php3", or ".phtml".
How to write PHP code.
A PHP scripting block always starts with "<?php and ends with ?>.
" A PHP scripting block can be placed anywhere in the document. On servers with shorthand support enabled you can start a scripting block with <? and ends with ?>.
<?php PHP CODE ?>.