- Python was developed by Guido van Rossum in the late eighties and early nineties at the National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science in the Netherlands.
- In February 1991, Guido Van Rossum published the code (labeled version 0.9.0).
- In 1994, Python 1.0 was released with new features like map, filter, and reduce.
- Python 2.0 added new features such as list comprehensions, garbage collection systems.
- On December 3, 2008, Python 3.0 (also called "Py3K") was released. It was designed to rectify the fundamental flaw of the language.
Why the name Python ?
There is a fact behind choosing the name Python. Guido van Rossum was reading the script of a popular BBC comedy series "Monty Python's Flying Circus". It was late on-air 1970s.
Van Rossum wanted to select a name which unique, sort, and little-bit mysteorious. So he decided to select naming Python after the "Monty Python's Flying Circus" for their newly created programming language. The comedy series was creative and well random.
It talks about everything. Thus it is slow and unpredictable, which made it very interesting.
Limitations of python
- The Python programming language uses a large amount of memory. This can be a disadvantage while building applications when we prefer memory optimization.
- Python has made its presence on many desktop and server platforms, but it is seen as a weak language for mobile computing.
Flavours of python
Flavors of python refer to the different types of python compilers. There flavors are useful to integrate various programming language into python.
- CPython: this is the standard python compiler implemented in C Lanuage. The advantage is that it is possible to execute C and C++ functions and programs in CPython.
- Jython: this is earlier known as jpython. This is the implementation of python programming language which is designed to run on java platform. Jython contains libraries which are useful for both python and java programmers.
- Ironpython: this is another implementation of python lanugae for .NET framework. This is written in c# ( C sharp) language.
- PyPy: tis is python implementation usiing python lanugae actually pypy is written in a language called Rpython which was created in python language . It is suitable for creating lanugae interpreters .pypy programs run very fast since there is a JIT(just in tiime) compiler added to the PVM. Pypy can be downloaded by visiting the page pypy.org/download.html
- RubyPython: this is a bridge between the ruby and python interpreter it enclose a python interpreter inside ruby appliction this flavor of python can be downloaded from rubygems.org/gems/rubypython/versions/0.6.3.
- Stacklesspython: small tasks which should run individually are called tasklets.
- Pythonxy: this is the python implementation that we get after adding scientific and engineering related packages. We can download pythonxy from python-xy.github.io/downloads.html
- AnacondaPython : when python is redeveloped for handling large scale data processing. Predictive analytics and scientific computing . It is called anaconda python. This implementation mainly focuses on large scale of data . This can be downloaded from www.continuum.io/downloads.
« PREVIOUS PAGE NEXT PAGE »
Copyright © 2022 Shineskill Software Pvt. Ltd., All rights reserved.